Sydney South Junior Indoor Hockey – Reps and Local Competition
The local junior mixed indoor competition will run on Thursday afternoons at Port Hacking High School (from 4pm). There is also a ladies competition which runs on Tuesday and Thursday evenings.
The Association is currently seeking expressions of interest from players and coaches to determine how many teams can be entered in the HNSW Indoor State Championships in each of the boys and girls age groups from U13, U15 and U18 as well as mens and womens opens and masters. Expressions of interest to participate in representative indoor hockey should be forwarded to Janice Tully (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Justine Maroney (email@example.com ) by 5pm on 29 July 2015.
Trials for the boys and girls junior teams will be held on Sunday 16th and Sunday 23rd August (times to be confirmed). The championship dates are below.
The Association is also again running a junior mixed indoor competition in term 4 at Port Hacking High School from 4pm – 7.30pm on Thursday afternoons. Would players please forward an expression of interest for the indoor competition to Janice Tully by 5pm on 31 July 2015. We are looking at upper primary school and high school aged indoor players.
The state championship dates are as follows:
- U15 Boys – 9 – 11 October 2015, Central Coast Youth Club, 19 Washington Ave, Niagara Park (including Friday day or evening games, concluding Sunday morning)
- U15 Girls 10 – 12 October 2015, Central Coast Youth Club, 19 Washington Ave, Niagara Park (commencing Saturday afternoon and including Monday games)
- Open Women – 16 – 18 October, Illawarra Credit Union Hockey Stadium, Unanderra (including Friday day or evening games)
- Open Men – 23 – 25 October, Illawarra Credit Union Hockey Stadium, Unanderra (including Friday day or evening games)
- U13 Boys – 30 October 2015 – 1 November 2015, Central Coast Youth Club, 19 Washington Ave, Niagara Park (including Friday day or evening games, concluding Sunday morning)
- U13 Girls – 31 October 2015 – 2 November 2015, Central Coast Youth Club, 19 Washington Ave, Niagara Park (commencing Saturday afternoon and including Monday games)
- U18 Girls – 6 – 8 November 2015, Illawarra Credit Union Hockey Stadium, Unanderra (including Friday day or evening games)
- U18 Boys – 13 – 15 November 2015, Illawarra Credit Union Hockey Stadium, Unanderra (including Friday day or evening games)
- Mens and Women’s Masters 5 – 7 February 2015, venues TBC
VALE GRETEL MIDDLETON
Sadly, Gretel Middleton a junior hockey player, whose sister Prue is a member of our Tartans J1 Trojans team, passed away unexpectedly this week. Gretel was a beautiful girl who endeared herself to all who came in contact with her. While Gretel had health problems her passing was unexpected. To her family, on behalf of the Tartans Hockey Club, we express deepest sympathy and say we were privileged to have known Gretel.
Sadly Di Espie-Avantin passed away last week in Scotland after a brave battle with cancer. Hannah, her daughter, played for Tartans for 8 or 9 years, last year in the J2 Tornados. The family re-located to Scotland earlier this year to allow Di to be with her family. We wish to extend our deepest sympathy to Bernie, Di’s partner, and to Hannah.
Thanks to everyone who attended the AGM on 26 February. Your committee for 2015 is as follows:
|Vice President||Mick Clift|
|Junior Convenor||Janice Tully|
|Junior Umpire Convenor||Gordon Tsang|
|Uniforms Officer||Janelle Gifford|
|SSHA Delegates||Michelle Davidson, Nicole Hogan|
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
To all our valued players, members, and parents of player members, Tartans Hockey Club, will hold its Annual General Meeting on Thursday 26 February 2015.
It will be at Tradies Caringbah at 7:30pm. Drinks will be provided. A copy of the Agenda for the meeting is attached 2015 AGM Agenda.
You are all welcome to attend and to support your hockey club. We are always looking for new members to join the Committee (the Committee only meets 3-4 times a year).
Please put the 30 minutes aside and assist by attending the meeting which starts at 7:30pm. Look forward to seeing you.
See the Registrations tab.
- Club History
- Club Honours
- 2017 Registrations
- Representative News
- Club Information
- Indoor Hockey
- Contact Us
- Links and maps
- Older News